High School Academic Key Points
About GCE International A Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level
- Its high profile amongst English-medium schools around the world.
- Its reputation as a rigorous programme that encourages high academic standards.
- Provides in-depth knowledge & life-long skills that are excellent preparation for employment.
- Offers students a flexible course of study that gives them freedom to select the subjects that are right for them.
- Its acceptance by universities and colleges worldwide as a reliable record of students` attainment that can count towards entrance requirements.
- International GCE A Level is a ‘gold` standard qualification with an excellent reputation
- It has exactly the same value in admitting students to all universities as its UK equivalent. It is also accepted as an entry qualification by universities of the European Union, on a par with the UK GCE A Level, French Baccalaureate, the German Abitur, etc.
- Good grades at A & AS Level can result up to 1 full year of advanced standing or credit at universities in the USA & Canada.
- Our Grade 9 and Grade 12 students sit for the annual UNBK where they are prepared for all required subjects.
- Group A: Mathematics & Sciences
- Group B: Languages
- Group C: Arts & Humanities
Credits and Grades
- Subject studied at AS Level – 1 credit
- Subject studied at A Level – 2 credits
- Recommended for students – to take enough subjects to earn 6 credits.
- Grades – A to E
Please see www.cie.org.uk for more information
Last updated :